HOMELink is a confidential, comprehensive and friendly FREE telephone support service for older people living alone.

· In addition, we provide a FREE basic maintenance & small repairs service for security, house and garden.

· And we don’t stop there. We also organise social events such as coffee mornings, parties and trips.

For more information on what we do please
CONTACT US

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Self help books....help or hindrance???

I heard an interesting discussion on the radio this morning. The topic was self help books and do they really work. 'The Secret', a best seller, came up in conversation. I personally have not read it as I wasn't a big fan of the notion that anything bad that has happened in my life is my fault but I do know of other people who swear by it. Have you read it? If so, what are your opinions? A masterpiece or a pile of waffle??

No comments:

Post a Comment